Konform® Conformal Coatings are used for spray, dip tank and brush applications. They protect printed circuit boards, components and flex circuitry from damage. These coatings provide excellent electrical insulation properties that withstand hot and cold operating environments, as well as heat generated by electronic circuitry. All Konform® conformal coatings contain a UV indicator for improved quality assurance. They offer high dielectric strengths of 1100 volts/mil or more. These tough, transparent coatings will not fragment, chip or crack, thereby providing excellent protection. All are convenient and ready to use — no mixing is required.
Coatings come in 3 main categories (although specialized coatings are also offered):
- Acrylic Resin (AR) – Provides fair elasticity and general protection. Recognized for their high dielectric strength, abrasion resistance and ease of removal.
- Silicone Resin (SR) – Provides excellent protection in a very wide temperature range, good chemical resistance, salt spray resistance and are very flexible. Removal can be challenging, requiring specialized solvents and long soak time.
- Urethane Resin (UR) – Known for their excellent moisture, chemical and abrasion resistance. Due to this and their solvent resistance, they are also very difficult to remove.
Konform® Conformal Coatings are engineered for applications in:
- Aerospace, marine manufacturing, electrical equipment, instrumentation and data communication
- Printed circuit board and flex circuit protection
- Withstanding severe environmental stress, thermal shock, mold and fungus attack
CLICK HERE FOR CONFORMAL COATING SELECTION GUIDE